Hardware, Software y Servicios M2M (Machine to Machine) / IoT (Internet of Things)
Machine to Machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) projects follow a common technological paradigm: intelligent devices, seamlessly connected to the Internet, enable remote services and provide actionable data. From Eurotech's point of view, the IoT acronym is more adopted in the consumer space while M2M has a stronger industrial connotation. For our purposes the two acronyms are equivalent, although we prefer M2M due to our industrial-grade hardware device manufacturing heritage.
Eurotech develops and offers the technical building blocks required to assemble distributed systems of devices and sensors which are effectively connected to IT infrastructures. Eurotech solutions are a combination of hardware, firmware, operating systems, programming frameworks that dramatically accelerate the time to market of M2M / IoT projects and enable customers to layer their added-value components on a reliable read-to-use infrastructure.
One of the most important aspects of the "Internet of Things" (IoT) vision is that smart objects communicate effectively with each other and with applications residing in data centers or the cloud. Eurotech develops and offers the technical building blocks required to build distributed systems of devices and sensors to be effectively interconnected with IT infrastructures.
Eurotech solutions are a combination of hardware, firmware, operating systems, programming frameworks and external infrastructure that enable customers focus on their core activities.
From the individual developer to the largest system integrator, now with Eurotech solutions it is possible to cut time to market and deliver scalable, cost effective projects without the need to care about low level details and external infrastructure.
The combination of Eurotech ESF software framework and the Everyware Cloud permit a dramatic acceleration of the completion of even the most complex project and dramatically reduce the overall costs, by eliminating the need to deal with the implementation of wired and wireless infrastructures, data management and storage, protocol translation and the integration in the business application.
ESF is Eurotech's Everyware Software Framework, a programming environment that wraps the complexity of low level device management with high level constructs. This approach permits simpler and faster programming, with shorter, easier to read code and transparent portability across different hardware platforms.
Everyware Cloud is a complete, scalable infrastructure that, working together with ESF, enables Eurotech devices to send and receive data to the end application where pre-made or user designed components consume it. With Everyware Cloud, it is possible to modulate the size of the infrastructure as required, for instance starting with just a few test samples and then deploying the same devices in tens of thousands. Scaling up does not require any change: Everyware Cloud will scale accordingly to provide you with the performance and capacity you need.
The combination of all required building blocks for designing, implementing, deploying and running M2M (or device to business application) infrastructures, we have named the Everyware Device Cloud or simply EDC. EDC seamlessly integrates a broad variety of hardware platforms, operating systems, ESF, the EDC Client and the Everyware Cloud into one complete M2M solution.
End-to-End Solution - Everyware Device Cloud (EDC)
Eurotech’s Device Cloud offering enables customers to make business decisions based on data coming from the intelligence at the edge of the network. Our approach allows those same customers to reduce the time, cost, and complexity of implementing, managing, and scaling their device networks.
EDC: What it is
The Eurotech Everyware Device Cloud (EDC) is an end-to-end solution that includes purpose-built hardware, connectivity and embedded device management through the Eurotech Software Framework, the Everyware Device Cloud Client and Machine to Machine (M2M) cloud-based services to deliver actionable data from the field to downstream applications and business processes, dashboards, and reports
Eurotech's platform will simplify your life while allowing you to get an end-to-end solution to market faster than ever before.
- Eurotech industrial-grade Intel® Atom™-based hardware solutions, including embedded boards, packaged platforms, and ready-to-use devices
- Wind River Linux operating system with a complete and robust development tool chain and full product support
- Everyware Software Framework (ESF) to simplify application development and network connectivity
- Everyware Device Cloud Client implementing effective, robust and reliable protocols that ensure efficient communication even in difficult environments
- Everyware Cloud for instant accessibility to, and management of, device data through the cloud platform
EDC: How it works
Everyware Device Cloud ( EDC ) extends the power of cloud computing significantly by allowing partners and customers to leverage cloud based offerings in combination with Eurotech products to achieve highest levels of productivity.
The power and flexibility of our cloud
offering allow you to rapidly change and adapt as your business evolves.
Eurotech's implementation of MQTT
has been designed to reduce the cost and the bandwidth required for device-to-cloud connectivity while providing stable, secure, high quality data management services.
The EC Client
(Everyware Cloud Client) is available as both a software package for several popular operating systems and as an integrated building block of ESF.
Eurotech customers can develop their specialized applications on top of one of several common and proven operating systems
If you do not already possess cloud-ready devices, Eurotech offers a wide selection of hardware
to easily incorporate into your Eurotech end-to-end solution.
EDC: Main Features
The power of our cloud-based architecture allows you to instantly integrate your business data into many data services like:
- Customizable operational dashboards that show device data in real time
- Management reports that monitor trends
- Integration with popular services such as Salesforce, Twitter, Facebook, and Google apps
- Notifications automatically sent to designated recipients via SMS, email, twitter, or automated phone calls
- Simple integration into SAP, Oracle, and customer-developed applications
- Mobile support to provide relevant data to specified users on the go
Complete offer from the Edge of the Network to the business enterprise and beyond
- Flexible hardware, software and service offering for end-to-end device applications
- Extensive data management for comprehensive platform support:
- Embedded systems
- Scalable edge nodes, networking devices
- Mobile and stationary devices
- Wearable and hand-held devices
- Secure and reliable communication infrastructure based on Eurotech M2M Device Cloud platform and services
- Wide range of standard interfaces and APIs for business application integration
- Scale from very small numbers of devices to the largest applications, with on-demand capacity and access
- Add new categories of devices in minutes using object modeling for fast extensions to the device population
- Choose your display both in where you receive data (iPad, desktop, PDA, phone) and in what form you receive data (tweet, SMS, email, phone call, dashboard)
Future-proof with mitigated risk
- Portability across device platforms through Eurotech ESF, a best-in-class and proven application framework supporting a broad range of boards and systems
- Open standards-based with interfaces and APIs for seamless integration to business logic that can adapt to inevitable and unforeseen market forces
- World-class security and privacy policies protect the devices, data, and business investment
- Mitigate risk by basing your sophisticated application on cutting edge cloud platform
Dramatically Reduced Cost
- Connectivity, data management and delivery, without upfront investment in servers, software, environmentally controlled rack space, dedicated IT staff and all the other traditional expenses
- Remote monitoring, maintenance and configuration of deployed devices
- Monthly fees based on Eurotech's arrangements
Fast Time to Market
- All elements of the cloud-based device data delivery and management system in place for on-demand start-up and growth
- Fast proof of concept to effectively test your ideas and business applications
- One point of contact for the end-to-end solution, so you don't need to start from scratch to manage and negotiate multiple vendor relationships (for devices, for data management, for connectivity, for application integration)
Open and Simplified Development
- Built-in integrations with leading business applications with large developer communities, so future application ideas are limited only by the imagination
- Software framework and Everyware Device Cloud Client software minimize time and complexity for application development
- Toolkits with open standard interfaces adopted by large developer communities
M2M Platform: Everyware Cloud ( EC )
The Everyware Cloud from Eurotech is a Machine-to-Machine Integration Platform that simplifies device and data management by connecting distributed devices over secure and reliable cloud services. Once devices are deployed, the Everyware Cloud allows users to connect, configure and manage devices through the lifecycle, from deployment through maintenance to retirement.
While Everyware Cloud is Eurotech's public cloud offering, customers can use the Everyware Server
appliance for on-premises deployment.
By offering the full functionality and services of Everyware Cloud, integrated with powerful and reliable server hardware, enterprises and other organizations can have powerful device and data management capabilities combined with highest levels of data security and privacy.
Any device within or outside of the enterprise can connect to the Everyware Server
and provide near real-time device data to business applications and systems.
The Everyware Server appliance can also be used as a local aggregator of distributed devices and sensors.
What the M2M Integration Platform Is
) is a software platform that quickly connects devices to build and maintain an end-to-end M2M application. Or in other words, it is a platform that solves a common infrastructure problem among distributed devices and IT systems. Everyware Cloud provides an easy path to connect cloud-ready devices to IT systems and/or applications.
With Everyware Cloud M2M Platform you can:
- Bridge the gap between distributed devices and event-driven IT applications
- Lower network costs with an open and optimized protocol for device data transport
- Access stored data with no time restriction
- Drive decisions based on real-time data streams
- Elastically scale with a pay-as-you-go model
- Rest assured that your access will be globally available and secure
How the Machine-to-Machine Platform Works
Platform: Scalable, cloud-based M2M platform for connecting devices and applications
- Data agnostic platform
- Connects any number of devices and applications
- Allows to build many-to-many relation between devices and applications
- Built-in device status map
- Add devices with “zero configuration” process
- Store any type and any quantity of data with no time restriction
- REST APIs for application development (including console features)
- Rules Engine for real-time data analysis and events generation
- 2-way communication channels with devices
- Redundant and highly available with failover mechanism built-in
Platform Console: Web-based interface for platform management
- Real-time device and data management
- User management
- Immediate Data aggregation and visualization
- Rules creation section
Device Connectivity: Easily and reliably connect any kind of device
- Scalable and optimized bidirectional device protocol
- Based on MQTT v 3.1 (openly available)
- Efficient EDC message format
- Everyware Cloud clients available for third party devices
- Java and C++ clients available
Application Development: Base your application on a standard, flexible interface
- Easy to use REST APIs for application development
- XML and JSON format
M2M Platform: Main Features
- Improved Device Connectivity – Everyware Cloud data model optimizes the device data communication aspect reducing protocol overhead and easing device management
- Real-time Data Management – On the fly device data analysis and correlation to trigger business decisions, with no programming skills required
- Long-term Queryable Data – Data can be stored and queried later at any time (for 36 months or even longer)
- Flexible – Any format of data can be stored and accessed in the high-performance schema-less database
- Platform Console - Easy-to-use web interface for device and platform management
- Rich Set of APIs – All the platform features, even the console, are accessible through standard REST interface for easy IT integration
- Quick and Easy Setup – Zero configuration required for new device connectivity
- Device Independent – Open platform readily supporting ESF-enabled devices (from Eurotech or third parties) and enabling custom device connectivity
- Secure – RBAC compliant, with certifications from SAS70 Type II, PCI DSS Level 1, ISO 27001, and FISMA
M2M Integration Platform Benefits
Eurotech’s M2M Integration Platform Everyware Cloud offers benefits, beyond the general benefits of cloud computing, specific to collecting, controlling, transporting, and analyzing data from the field, regardless of how big your field is; whether it is a building, a campus, a city, a county or the world.
M2M Platform's benefits include:
Simplicity in rule creation
. Users create or enhance business processes using the Everyware Cloud’s complex event processing rules engine. The rules engine uses common programming syntax to create rules, with no need for a complex and tedious manual process. Users can create rules quickly, adjust rules instantly and add new rules simply.
data from the field is only as useful as the enterprise’s ability to access it. The faster users can access the data, the more valuable it is in driving business actions.
The Everyware Cloud has the longest live data period on the market, so the data can be queried as quickly as possible for up to 36 months or longer. Other systems force users to archive data more often, so it takes longer to access the data and use it to improve or protect business results.
flexible in how you use data
, and prepared for changes that simply can’t be anticipated today. The Everyware Cloud’s broker model lets users access data from devices across applications, build relationships between data sources and take action in one area based on data from another.
because the Everyware Cloud uses a protocol optimized for M2M device communications
, bandwidth use is low, keeping down network costs.
Power and Agility
level the playing field. Everyware Cloud gives small and medium size businesses new capabilities that used to be available only to companies that could invest huge amounts of time and resources.
With a good idea and the Everyware Cloud, enterprises of any size can take on their largest competitors.
Everyware™ Software Framework ( ESF )
Eurotech’s Everyware™ Software Framework (ESF)
is an inclusive and targeted software framework.
It allows Eurotech and its customers to deliver not only latest generation Pervasive/Embedded Computer hardware platforms, but to be able to deliver all the fundamental components needed to quickly develop complex applications as part of the device software as well.
In many cases, no third party software component or BSP are needed.
What Everyware™ Software Framework is
Eurotech has always delivered application-ready platforms, from device drivers through to operating system (OS).
The Everyware Software Framework takes this model a step further focused on providing an integrated hardware and software infrastructure so that our customers can start with their value add on day 1.
ESF is an inclusive software framework that puts a layer between the operating system and the customer application, with industry standard interfaces that shorten custom development time, simplified coding, and software that can be easily ported from one Eurotech hardware platform to another.
This collection of cohesive software components lets customers modify, reconfigure and maintain their application over time, so it evolves as market demands change.
The adaptability and flexibility to meet market requirements will give customers a huge competitive advantage over static, fixed functionality software applications.
ESF: How it works
Software Framework puts together different software layers so that a customer can start writing the application on top of a solid, hardware abstracted platform equipped with all the necessary development tools and specific libraries.
Specifically, the fully integrated and tested software technologies that can be found in ESF are:
Java Virtual Machine: assures hardware abstraction across Eurotech Hardware Platforms
Java Native Interface: allows Java Code to call applications or libraries written in C, C++ and assembly
OSGi Framework: provides a framework for reducing time to market and development costs
Specific Field Libraries: provide developers with already tested libraries for field communications
High Level Hardware APIs: quickly write the application leveraging these powerful APIs
Everyware Cloud Client: straight connectivity with Eurotech M2M Platform
The Everyware™ Software Framework (ESF) allows the user to develop robust, flexible applications with minimal development time, getting their product to market faster.
ESF is a powerful development platform for Eurotech’s range of embedded computers and systems that enables programmers to quickly develop applications leveraging open and industry standards like Java, OSGi and the Eclipse IDE.
ESF: Main Features
ESF separates the hardware from the foundation logic and the foundation logic from the business logic. This separation simplifies application development by providing common foundation layers and allowing OEMs to focus on application-specific code development.
Device drivers are approached as services, implemented using simple APIs instead of complex code.
The simple API removes the need to modify low level OS code or configuration files by creating application code and adding process and vertical knowledge to the development process. Because ESF is based on standardized open software backed by large industry companies, OEMs can easily port existing applications from third parties to their own devices.
ESF middleware includes tooling that allows OEMs to modify, reconfigure and maintain their application over time; to evolve as market demands change.
Adaptability and flexibility to meet market requirements gives OEMs a huge competitive advantage over static, fixed functionality software applications.
Manage risk through ESF, by selecting the framework that lets you adjust quickly, easily, and inexpensively.
Developers adopting ESF will be able to:
- Write sophisticated applications leveraging the guidance provided by the OSGi framework
- Write application abstracted from the specific hardware thanks to the high level Hardware APIs developed by Eurotech
- Reuse your code through the Java Native Interface
- Leverage all the software building blocks (Foundation Bundles) that are integrated within ESF (modules power management, system log, CPU monitor, Firewall, …)
- Connect your application with the Eurotech M2M platform right away using the EDC client
- Use Eclipse as a development IDE; ESF is fully integrated with Eclipse
FOR SYSTEM INTEGRATORS
- Quickly start your application development on top of proven ESF software platform based on popular development tools
- OSGi framework and Java will improve reuse of code, reliability and time to market
- Write application abstracted from the specific hardware thanks to the high level Hardware APIs and Foundation Bundles developed by Eurotech
- Easily build connected applications leveraging the EDC Client within ESF
- Standardize your application lifecycle management
- Concentrate your resources on the application development rather than on the underlying software layers
- Standardize your application development on top of standard software technologies (Java), framework (OSGi) and development tools (Eclipse)
- Natively connect your application with an M2M Platform that facilitates data integration into IT systems or custom web application development
TGA Ingeniería y Electrónica Año